Monday, October 28, 2013

Coloring Cats (Kathy Berger)




Coloring Cats
by Kathy Berger


I love cats, and for some reason they seem to love me, too. My daughter calls me the Cat Whisperer because of my way with them. So when Fran asked me to draw some small cats for her die line, I was beyond thrilled!

When I got my "Ten Fun Felines" die set from Frantic Stamper I couldn't wait to cut with them! I grabbed a piece of my favorite layering weight white card-stock and ran them through my ebosser. And I fell instantly in love. The cats looked wonderful in plain white card-stock.

But I was really curious how they would look if colored. So I dug out my Copic Ciao markers and set out to see. The first one I tackled was my frazzled black cat who really looks black in this photo, but was actually colored with C07, BV29 and B99.

Next I colored one cat a light yellow/tan to resemble my kitty Pudge (E11, E31, Y00, Y11, Y02), and another black (this time I really used black- 100) and white (actually C0) to match my tuxedo cat, Muphin. And then I just kept coloring, matching cats I have had in my life (for the rest of the cats I used E00, E31, E35, E37, Y02, Y06, C0, C2, C3, C5, W0,W1,W2,W3, and W5 in various combinations).

I think these cats have some pretty serious "purr"-sonality. What do you think? I can't wait to use them on a project, and I can't wait to color some more!

I hope you will give coloring some tiny Fun Feline die cuts with Copic Markers a try, too.


Products Used:


3 comments:

  1. Very nice Kathy! Cat lovers should be all over this set of dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! What a great job you did bringing these cats to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job Kathy! I love the way you've coloured them all in.

    ReplyDelete