Thursday, November 07, 2013

Flower Fairies - a Coloring Project (Lis Whiting)



Flower Fairies - a Coloring Project
by Lis Whiting



I have a fairy stamp from Frantic Stamper. I've had it for a while and decided to use it for today's project.  It is a beautiful and intricate stamp with a lot of detail, just right for coloring!  I started out coloring the large leaves with chalk.  I was planning on doing the whole image with chalk but realized that the detail needed some markers - so, I finished my coloring with Distress Markers.  I debated whether or not to color the white background. I decided not to because I wanted the stamp image to show and I thought coloring a background too would detract from that.


I wanted the card to reflect "fairies" so I used some specialty papers including glimmer and shimmer papers.  My card base is plain white card stock which I covered with a shimmery green paper.  I tore a couple of shimmer card stocks (like stardream) in pink and white, and also used some purple Bazzill Bling in Fruity.  I matted my stamped image in Wine suede paper and attached to my card.  As a finishing touch, I added a glittery button. (I've had this button lying around for a while.  Idea-Ology has some beautiful buttons that can be used for this embellishment. If you want to really see some gorgeous buttons, take a look at the Czech Glass Buttons. I collect these as they are too pretty to use in anything but a very special project.)

Thanks for stopping by!



Products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment