Saturday, March 08, 2014

Golden Egg with Pearls Card, in Ten (Lis Whiting)




Golden Egg with Pearls
by Lis Whiting


I love Easter-time and I love decorating eggs!  That is what inspired me to make this card. 

Frantic Stamper has some wonderful new dies in egg shapes.  What's nice about these dies is that I can decorate them in so many ways.



I wanted to make a fancy card for my dad but I didn't have a lot of time to do it.

I created a three-part design for my card. First, I punched two borders in gold foil. Second, I cut a long paper and matted it using the majestic morning Collection from Heartfelt Creations and added some more punched gold glossy. And third, I matted a square with teal suede paper, pink pattern and pink glimmer paper (embossed).

To finish, all I did was add my egg (backed with embossed lavender shimmer paper) and a touch of green ribbon.

The card looks like it takes an hour to make but really was done in only ten minutes!!


Products used:

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Lis! Love the embossed look and the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lis that's a really cool effect with the die cut layered over an embossed layer!

    ReplyDelete