Friday, May 02, 2014

Stained Glass Butterfly (Sharon Jeffs)




Stained Glass Butterfly
by Sharon Jeffs



When I received this very cute die from the new Frantic Stamper Precision die range, I really wanted to have a go at making myself a sun catcher with it.

I started by cutting the main section of the wings from a sheet of acetate, cutting two pieces for each wing.  The set also comes with a second wing die that is very swirly and  used this to cut a black wing border to mimic the black lead lines on stained glass.

Once all the parts were cut, I used a blending tool and felt to apply a range of Alcohol inks to the surface of each acetate wing piece then joined each pieced together with a brad for each side using the pre cut holes.

As one last feature, I went through each layer and bent them upwards slightly so that the wings had more dimension.





Check back tomorrow for a card using this butterfly!


1 comment:

  1. Sharon, love the butterfly! The technique is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete