Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Breast Cancer Hope (Rachelle Green)




Breast Cancer Hope 
by (Rachelle Green)



I am a five year breast survivor and love making breast cancer cards. I donate the cards to my oncologists office for patients that need a pick me up. I call this one "Breast Cancer Hope" because it is the one thing that breast cancer sufferers have in common. We (they) hope that it's caught in time, hope that we'll be one of the survivors, hope that your loved ones are strong enough to weather the storm, etc. When you are diagnosed with breast cancer you are not the only one that suffers. All those around you and love you, in a way suffer with you. After my surgery and subsequent radiation, when the oncologist told my husband they were able to get it all, I could see the huge weight lifted from his shoulder. Little did I know that he had lost both his mother and grandmother to the disease. He had suffered in his own way with the thought that he might lose me too. So, on to the card.






I started this side step card with Kraft card-stock. The patterned paper is Heartfelt Creations from the "Majestic Morning" Collection. Using the new "Small Hope and ribbon" die I cut and placed them in prominent positions and finished the decoration off with a bird from the "Small Birds" die set. Why not add some breast cancer cards to your stash?





*** Materials for this project are available at www.franticstamper.com.Frantic Stamper Products Used:

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, congratulations on winning such a brave fight. Secondly, what a beautiful and inspiring card.

    ReplyDelete