Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Merry Poinsettia Christmas (Ann Greenspan)


Once again it is the 25th of the month. In the spirit of trying to get our holiday cards made ahead of the season, we are making and posting cards every month on the 25th. We hope you will join us in making a card today. Here are a couple of cards from team-member Ann Greenspan.



A Merry Poinsettia Christmas
by Ann Greenspan


I think poinsettias are so beautiful, especially in a church all lined up on the altar.  I had this poinsettia paper for a long time and never knew what to do with it until I saw the Mix 'N Match Merry Christmas die (FRA-DIE-09068) from Frantic Stamper.  When I cut out the die in red shimmer paper and held it up to the poinsettia paper, it blended in with the background paper, so I cut a tag out of a more solid colored paper and put the words partially on the tag.

When the first card was done, I sat back and looked at it for a minute.  I wanted the words Merry Christmas to stand out even more so I made another card using the same background paper but this time using a lighter colored tag behind the words.  I think the words stand out a lot more on the second card.



The poinsettia is a pre-made embellishment but Frantic Stamper makes a lovely poinsettia die (FRA-DIE-09283) that I could have used, but I just wanted to use up my embellishments this year.


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-09068

No comments:

Post a Comment