Thursday, February 05, 2015

A Wavy Heart (Kathy Berger)




A Wavy Heart
by Kathy Berger


I have wanted to try something since I first designed the Stars and Stripes Photo Card. I wanted to cut it, fill it in, and then use the resulting piece as though it were card-stock to cut another shape out of it. I finally got a chance to try it and I have to say I like the results a lot!

I started with a sheet of thin paper (I recycled some junk mail from my recycling bin). I cut a base using the Dotted Journal Card. This journal card is the exact same shape as all of the photo cards so it works perfectly as a base to build upon (I could also have used the Stitched Photo Cards, FRA-Die-09149, which is also the same size and shape).

I cut the Stars and Stripes card from white card-stock twice, and from several coordinating shades of pink (I used paint chips from the same color family for the pink), reserving the cutouts. I layered both of the white cards to the base, and then filled in the cutout sections with a single layer of the saved pieces, gluing them into place.

I cut the Heart out with the large heart (perfect fit in the wavy corner!) from the resulting card, using the Loved Filled Heart die. The final touch for the heart was to add a layered frame cut from white card stock with the Rose Heart die.



I added the heart to a plain white card with its corners rounded, and then added the Big Handwritten Love, and the heart from the center of the "o" from that die to finish off the card.

I hope you have enjoyed this as much as I have.




1 comment: