Sunday, June 14, 2015

Layered Posies Tutorial (Ann Greenspan)





Layered Posies Tutorial by Ann Greenspan



I have a brother and SIL who were married in a yellow barn in Pennsylvania so when I saw this yellow wood paper, I knew I had to use it on a birthday card for her.

I used the Stitched Scene Builder Edgers die to cut the top layer.  The nice thing about this die is that when you cut the paper with it, you actually have the stitching on both sides of the cut line, so you end up with two useful pieces of paper afterward.  I used both pieces on the second card in the photo above, just separated them a little to show the yellow paper behind them.

The Happy Birthday stamp works great with the Stitched Scene Builder Edgers in that it is curved almost perfectly with the curve on one of the dies in the set.  You can also manually change the curve to the stamp since it's a clear acrylic stamp and bendable.

To make the flowers on the cards, I cut various sizes of the Large, Medium and Small Layering Posies.  I inked around the edges first with a dark ink to give them some definition, then used a stylus and mat to shape them.  I started with the good side of the paper facing down and rolled a stylus around the very edges of the petals.



Then I flipped over the petals and rolled a large stylus right around the middle of the petals on the good side of the paper.



This is what the petals all look like afterward:



One way to give them even more dimension is to use small pieces of foam tape in between each layer when assembling the flower:



This is the final product:


Once your flowers are done, you are ready to cut the card stock to fit your card.  Position the Stitched Scene Builder Edger die of your choice (they come in a set of 4) on the paper where you want it.  Remember to leave room for your sentiment and flower.



When you are done you will have two pieces of paper that can be used together on one card or make two cards:



Here are photos of the individual cards that I made, changing each up a bit for a different look:





*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-09555
 
FRA-Die-09556
 
FRA-Die-09557
 
FRA-Die-09403
 
FRA-CL-002



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:34 AM

    I love your cards so much and I recognize the cardstock....I think I still have a piece of it in my stash....love the layout, style and colors....so pretty. TFS your ideas. Jan D., FL

    ReplyDelete