Wednesday, July 01, 2015

A Refreshing Cup of Lemonade (Jen Carter)


Jen Carter Lemonade Love 2


A Refreshing Cup of Lemonade
by Jen Carter


I love mason jars and I also love cold pink lemonade on a hot sunny day!  For this challenge I pulled out a die from Frantic Stamper called the Milk Bottle & Mason Jar die.  I die cut it with some ombre patterned paper that looked like pink lemonade to me.

Jen Carter Lemonade Love Banners 2

To create the banner, I used one of the stitched Medieval Banner dies and cut them from textured patterned paper.  I first stamped a curved line for them to hang from.  I wanted them to have a little dimension also so I used the trick below.



I applied adhesive to the top of the banners and then I put a small piece of dimensional foam at the bottom.  This allowed the banners to have a little lift but it won't be flattened when it is put in an envelope like it would if I had just curled them up a little with my fingers.  

Jen Carter Lemonade Love Closeup 4

After I die cut the jar, I attached a lemon that I had stamped with the Summertime Fruits stamp set from Frantic Stamper and then water colored it with basic watercolors and an aqua pen.  I cut a tiny slit in the lemon so it could fit inside of the jar. I finished the card off with a burlap base to ground the jar and then added a few embellishments.



Here's the photo I used for inspiration for my card.  I think it's time to go grab a refreshing lemonade!


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-09421
 
FRA-Die-09476
 
FRA-CL-013

No comments:

Post a Comment