Friday, September 11, 2015

Cat's Meow (Kathy Berger)




Cat's Meow
by Kathy Berger


The other day Fran shared a card with me; she had seen it somewhere and loved it because it used fishtail banners to make cats. We both thought it was so cute that we knew right away that we had to do something similar. I volunteered to stop drawing dies for a bit and actually play with some (I know..tough duty but someone had to do it. lol.) This card is the result.

I used the Frantic Stamper Stitched Fishtail Banners dies, kraft card stock, a bit of twine, brown ink, a black Sharpie marker, and the Cat's Meow clear stamps to create the card.

I sponged brown ink on the edges of all the kraft card stock banners, drew in the black kitties eyes and added little bits of twine tied in the center for the whiskers. I stamped each kitty with a little play thing and glued them to a kraft panel whose edges were sponged in brown. I put that panel onto a black layer, then looped some twine around it and glued it onto my kraft card. I stamped kitty paw prints all along the edge of the card front. I stamped the inside with "You are the cat's meow!"

I hope you liked the card. Here's a little closer view.




*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-09636
 
FRA-CL-019


5 comments:

  1. Love your card Kathy! Very inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a cat lover at all but I absolutely love this card. Great job Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so cute I love your card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kitty card! So clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:10 AM

    I'm definitely a cat lover and this card is just adorable....very clever use of dies and embellishments. Jan D., FL

    ReplyDelete