Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A Thankful Scene (Jen Carter)





A Thankful Scene
by Jen Carter



Hello! Happy October! Today I wanted to share a card appropriate for the Autumn/Fall season.

For this card I started with the new Framed Four Square Windowdie from Frantic Stamper.  I used that die to cut the blue striped patterned paper to create the windows.

Jen Carter Thankful Night Scene 2

I knew that I wanted to create a scene with some of the dies from the village set.  I took a piece of navy cardstock and first die cut it with the Starfall Reverse Cut die (probably one of the dies from Frantic Stamper on the top of my LOVE list, as there are just so many ways to use it!).  Then, I again used the Framed Four Square Window die to cut the navy windows.  I backed them with yellow cardstock to make the stars pop. 

Jen Carter Thankful Night Scene Closeup 1

I positioned the navy pieces where I wanted them and then cut the moon with the Village Sky die set.  I cut two sizes of trees with the Village Trees & Shrubs die set.  These dies are perfectly sized to create scenes using this square die!  The house is from the Suburb House die collection.  You've seen me use it before, I really like it! :) I added a little puffy blue heart as an accent on the house. For the sentiment I die cut the beautiful Thankful with the Thankful word die.  I used some of the stars that were cut when I die cut the navy cardstock as accent pieces to frame the Thankful sentiment.

Jen Carter Thankful Night Scene Closeup 2

Here is a side angle.  You can see the dimension (and a loose corner on the bottom piece...oops!).

Thank you for stopping by the Frantic Stamper blog!

We'd love to see what YOU are creating with the Frantic Stamper line of dies and stamps. Join us on Flickr and upload your creations to share with the Frantic Stamper community. We do ask that your projects include dies and/or stamps that are from the Frantic Stamper line.


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-09634
 
FRA-Die-09614
 
FRA-Die-09549
 
FRA-Die-09550
 
FRA-Die-09095
 
FRA-Die-09605

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Jen, you have created such a lovely scene. The stars really do pop.

    ReplyDelete