Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas (Karen Letchworth, Guest Designer)


This card is the last Christmas card on the 25th for this year. We hope you have enjoyed our cards through the year and will check in on the 25th of the months next year, too. Merry Christmas to all who celebrate the day. May your day be peaceful and spent with those you love.






Merry Christmas
by Karen Letchworth, Guest Designer



It's hard to believe that Christmas is just a few short months away.  It will be here in the blink of an eye; so I decided that I would get a head start on my Christmas cards, and Frantic Stamper made it easy and fun.  All the patterned papers I used were little bits of paper scraps in my Christmas paper bin.  I pieced them together, inked them, and then laid them on a base and machine stitched them in brown.  I added some baker's twine, half of a vintage cream doily, some lace, seam binding, and jute that I tied into my bow.  I also painted some jingle bells and sprinkled them with sugar glitter.  They were placed in the center of my bow using some jute.



For the sentiment, I used one of Frantic Stamper's' Precision Dies.  What better sentiment for a Christmas card than "MERRY CHRISTMAS"?  That says it all.  I used a shiny metallic gold paper to cut the Merry Christmas sentiment.  This lovely die cut is big enough to be noticed, but not so big that it takes over the entire card.  It's just the perfect size for adding a sentiment to a card, or a title to a scrapbook page.  I know that I will be using this one a lot as I create the rest of my Christmas cards.

Frantic Stamper has so many great Precision Dies, stamp sets, and SO much more.  Why not treat yourself today?  You know you need to get a jump start on those Christmas cards just like me.  This particular die is really a great choice for making Christmas cards that will be remembered and treasured for years to come.  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek.


*** Materials for this project available at www.franticstamper.com.
 
FRA-Die-09619

No comments:

Post a Comment